What we offer
Womankind provides women in the Bristol area with free or affordable professional counselling, psychotherapy and on-going support.
- A Helpline for women in distress and women suffering domestic abuse
- Befriending for women with enduring mental health issues living in South Gloucestershire
- Individual counselling for women on benefits and low incomes
- Outreach and specialist counselling services
- Short-term psychotherapy groups focussing on specific issues e.g. sexual abuse
- Open-ended psychotherapy groups for women who need longer term support
- A private counselling and group therapy service for women who can afford to pay
- Confidential assessment to help you find out what support you need
We also offer...
- Volunteering opportunities in administration, helpline and befriending
- Student placements for counsellors who are interested in working psychodynamically
- Training for volunteers and professionals
Contact us if you are experiencing...
An acute crisis
Enduring problems arising from past physical, emotional or sexual abuse